- 1 stalk Leeks
- 2 handfuls Sorrel
- 1 shallot
- 1 garlic
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 100 grams starchy potatoes
- 800 milliliters Vegetable broth
- 100 milliliters Whipped cream (at least 30% fat content)
- 2 tablespoons Crème fraiche
- freshly ground peppers
- 2 tablespoons Crème fraiche (for garnish)
Rinse, trim and cut leeks crosswise into rings. Rinse and drain sorrel. Cut into strips and set aside about 4 tablespoons for garnish. Peel and finely dice shallot and garlic.
In a pot, sauté leek, shallot and garlic in hot oil until translucent. Deglaze with vegetable broth. Peel and finely grate potatoes and add to pot. Simmer about 20 minutes. Stir in chopped parsley and sorrel. Puree soup until smooth. Stir in cream and crème fraîche and simmer 2 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle soup with reserved sorrel and garnish each with a dollop of crème fraîche.