Sliced Radishes and Fava Beans
with rice and artichoke hearts
The beans in this recipe add tons of fiber and protein to this dish, while the radishes are filled with vitamins C and B6.
Use brown or wild rice to make this dish more fiber-rich and healthy!
Author of this recipe:
all recipes of this author
- 2 cups white short grain rice (rinsed)
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup jarred Artichoke hearts (drained and chopped)
- 1 cup Fava bean (shelled)
- ¾ cup fresh green pea
- ⅔ cup cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- ⅔ cup salad Radish (thinly sliced)
- ½ cup baby gherkins (in vinegar)
- 2 scallions (thinly sliced)
- 2 Tbsps Dill (chopped)
- freshly ground peppers
How healthy are the main ingredients?RadishArtichoke heartstomatoDillsalt
Place the rice, hot water, and half a teaspoon of salt in a saucepan. Bring to the boil over a moderate heat, and then cover with a lid and cook over a reduced heat for 15 - 20 minutes until tender.
Remove the rice from the heat and to aside, covered, for 10 minutes.
Fluff the rice with a fork and then transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add all the remaining ingredients apart from the dill.
Stir well and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve on plates with a garnish of dill.