Rice and Chickpea Salad with Alfalfa Sprouts, Olives and Tomatoes
- 100 grams cooked Brown rice
- 150 grams Basmati rice
- 50 grams black Olives (pitted)
- ½ bunch parsley (chopped)
- 4 scallions
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons almonds (sliced and browned)
- 50 grams Alfalfa sprouts
- 400 grams chickpeas (canned)
- 2 tablespoons Sherry vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- lemon juice
- peppers (freshly ground)
Cook both varieties of rice according to package instructions. Rinse with cold water and drain.
Cut olives in half.
Rinse and dry scallions. Cut into thin rings.
Rinse tomatoes, wipe dry, cut into quarters, remove stems and chop.
Rinse chickpeas and drain.
Mix vinegar with olive oil and honey. Add all the remaining ingredients (except parsley). Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Cover and let rest for about 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with lemon juice. Garnish with parsley and serve.