Red Wine Lamb Braise
ready in 2 h. 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 ½ cups lamb (boneless, shoulder or leg, ready to cook, cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 ¼ cups onions (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- ⅔ cup dry Red wine
- ground allspice
- ground cinnamon
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 1.333 cups lamb stock
- 1 ⅔ cups Broccoli (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 ½ cups canned Lima bean (drained and rinsed)
- tomato and almond Pesto
Heat the oil in a large pan or and fry the meat on a high heat. Season with salt, ground black pepper and paprika and then remove from the pan.
Fry the onion and garlic in the meat juices and deglaze with the wine. Return the meat to the pan, add a pinch of both spices and add the tomatoes. Braise on a medium heat for around 90 min. During this time gradually add the stock.
Blanche the broccoli in boiling salt water for around 5 min. Drain, quench with cold water and drain again.
Ten minutes before the end of the cooking time add the beans and the broccoli to the meat and heat through. Season with salt and ground black pepper and transfer to bowls. Serve garnished with pesto.