Poultry and Vegetable Broth
9,3 / 10
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger (grated)
- 2 Chicken breasts (skinned and sliced)
- ½ cup baby Sweet corn
- 1 large carrot (crinkle-cut into thin batons)
- ½ cup Wood Ear Mushrooms (rehydrated and sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Sherry vinegar
- ⅛ cup sesame oil (optional)
- cilantro (to garnish)
In a large saucepan, bring the chicken stock to the boil and stir in the soy sauce, grated ginger. Simmer gently for a few minutes before adding the chicken to the broth. Cook gently for a further 10 minutes.
Add the baby sweetcorn, carrot and Chinese black mushrooms to the soup and simmer gently for a further 5 minutes.
Season the soup with the sherry vinegar and sesame oil and serve once the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked. Garnish with coriander on top.