Pickled Fish Platter
7,1 / 10
- For the salad
- 2 red Apple
- ½ cup Bacon (thinly sliced)
- 2 ⅔ cups Soused herring (in oil, cut into 2 cm pieces)
- 1.333 cups Herring (Bismarck)
- 1.333 cups gherkins (plus pickling water, halved lengthways and diced)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- ¼ Cucumber (peeled and diced)
- For the dressing
- 2 Tbsps Wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsps Pickle juice
- ½ tsp medium Mustard
- 1 Tbsp sunflower oil
- 6 Tbsps salad cream
Cut the apple into wedges and mix immediately with some lemon juice.
Fry the bacon in a hot pan and pat dry with kitchen paper.
Mix together all the dressing ingredients. Add all the remaining ingredients apart from the apple and mix well.
Arrange the lettuce leaves decoratively on plate and add the salad. Top with 1-2 tbsp salad cream and serve garnished with the apple wedges and the dill. Goes well with white bread.