Northern Spanish Chicken Braise
1 hr 5 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Chicken thigh
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (seeded and sliced)
- 1 green pepper (seeded and sliced)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon espelette pepper
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- cooked Rice (or mashed potato, to serve)
Chicken Chorizo Casserole Add 100 g / 3 ½ oz chopped chorizo for extra smoky flavour
Preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) | 350F | gas 4
Heat the oil in a pan and brown the thighs until golden. Remove to a plate and set aside.
Add the onion and garlic and cook gently until golden, then add the chicken back to the pan and add the peppers, sugar, paprika and seasoning and cook for 5 minutes.
Pour over the canned tomatoes and stock, add the bay leaves and some salt, cover with a lid and cook in the oven for 45 minutes until the chicken is cooked.