Noodle and Tofu Bowl with Peanut Sauce
ready in 40 min.
- For the Peanut Sauce
- 1 cup unsalted Peanuts (toasted without fat and finely chopped)
- 2 shallots (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Sweet soy sauce (Kecap manis)
- ½ lemon (juice)
- 1 teaspoon Sambal oelek
- 1 tablespoon Palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons Nut oil
- 1.333 cups Coconut milk
- For the Noodles
- 14 ounces kamut flour noodle
- 2 ¾ cups red Cabbage (chopped into fine strips)
- 1 red pepper (rinsed, halved, deseeded, cleaned and chopped into strips.)
- 4 scallions (rinsed, cleaned and chopped into rings)
- 4 carrots (peeled and chopped into fine strips)
- 1 ⅔ cups Tofu (chopped into cubes)
To make the sauce, place the peanuts, shallots, garlic, kecap manis, lemon juice, sambal oelek and palm sugar in a tall mixing beaker and puree to a creamy paste using a hand-held mixer.
Heat the groundnut oil in a pan and briefly fry the peanut paste, pour in the coconut milk, stir until smooth, simmer for around 3 minutes until slightly thickened and season with salt.
Cook the noodles according to package instructions, drain and divide between four plates.
Scatter the red cabbage and pepper strips over the noodles, ladle over the sauce, top with the spring onions, carrot strips and tofu and serve.