Mushroom and Pork Stir-fry
ready in 2 h. 30 min.
- For Marinade
- 2 Tbsps honey
- 2 Tbsps light soy sauce
- 2 Tbsps sherry
- 2 Tbsps fresh ginger (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- For Pork and Mushrooms
- 3 cups Pork loin (cut into bite-size pieces)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil (divided)
- 3 cups mixed Wild mushroom (shiitake; chanterelle; morel; etc. )
- 1 red Bell pepper (rinsed; trimmed and diced)
- 4 stalks Bok Choy (cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 handful fresh cilantro (chopped)
In a large bowl, mix honey, soy sauce, sherry, ginger, garlic and sesame oil. Add pork loin, and cover tightly. Chill and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
For Pork and Mushrooms:
Heat half of the oil in a heavy sauté pan or skillet at high heat. Cook half of the pork for about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from pan and set aside. Heat remaining oil and add remaining pork. Cook for another 1 minute. Return reserved pork to the pan with peppers and bok choy.
Lower heat to medium and cook for 4 minutes or until pork is just cooked through and lightly browned. Add vinegar, soy and water and cook for an additional 5 minutes until sauce thickens. Add cilantro. Remove from heat and serve with noodles.