Mullet Fillets with Beans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 small Red mullet fillets
- 14 ounces Broad bean
- 2 red peppers (skinned and cut into wedges)
- 1 handful Brussels sprouts (leaves)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 clove garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 4 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pink peppercorns (crushed)
- Sea salt
Heat the butter and gently fry the red mullet fillets over a low heat for 3 minutes.
Cook the beans in a pan of boiling, salted water for 5-8 minutes.
Blanch the peppers in boiling, salted water for 2 minutes. Add the Brussels sprout leaves for the last minute. Drain the Brussels sprout leaves, peppers and beans, rinse in cold water and drain well.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil and cook the onion, garlic and tomato gently until soft. Add the thyme stock, the remaining oil and the vinegar.
Remove from the heat and add the peppercorns.
Reserve half of the dressing and carefully mix the rest with the fish and vegetables.
Arrange on serving plates and garnish with the remaining dressing. Sprinkle with sea salt and serve.