Moroccan Stew with Citrus Fruit
ready in 1 hr 10 min.
- 1 chicken (approx. 1.2 kg, split into 8 pieces)
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 2 Tbsps Corn starch
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 2 onions (diced)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (chopped)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 pinch Saffron
- 2 Salted lemons (cut into wedges)
- 14 ozs floury potatoes (diced)
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 2 ozs green Olives (pitted)
- 2 Tbsps fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- parsley (to garnish)
Season the chicken with cumin, salt and ground black pepper. Dust the chicken in cornflour and fry in hot oil in a tagine or a braising pot on all sides until golden brown.
Add the onion and the ginger and fry for a few minutes. Deglaze with the stock and add the saffron, lemons and potatoes. Stir in the pepper, olives and parsley, cover with a lid and braise for around 45 minutes. If necessary, add more stock and stir occasionally.
Season with salt, cinnamon and ground black pepper and serve garnished with parsley.