for 4 servings
- ⅔ cup white Port wine
- ½ cup dry white wine
- lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 sprigs mint (finely chopped)
- 1 honeydew melon
- 24 baby Mini mozzarella ball (bocconcini)
- 24 slices Salami
- 2 handfuls mixed Salad Greens (washed)
- 1 Red onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Mix together the port, wine, lemon juice, icing sugar and chopped mint.
Halve the melon and scrape out the seeds. Cut balls from the flesh using a medium sized melon baller and mix with the wine mixture. Put in the fridge to marinade for about 12 hours.
Thread the melon balls, mozzarella and salami onto cocktail sticks and lay onto a bed of the salad leaves. Scatter over the sliced onion.
Mix together the vinegar and oil, add a little of the marinade and season with salt and pepper.
Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.