Mediterranean Chicken Stew
8,6 / 10
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 2 onions (roughly chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 Tbsp chopped rosemary
- 2 red Bell pepper (deseeded and roughly chopped)
- 1 ½ ozs sun-dried tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 14 ozs canned tomatoes
- ½ tsp sugar
- 3 Tbsps dry white wine
- 4 skinless Chicken breasts
- 2 ½ ozs pitted black olives
Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onions, garlic and rosemary and cook gently, stirring, for 10-15 minutes until soft and golden.
Add the peppers and cook over a medium heat, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.
Add the sun-dried tomatoes, canned tomatoes, sugar and the wine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir well and bring to a simmer.
Add the chicken and stir to coat with the sauce. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 25–30 minutes until the chicken is tender and the sauce is thick. Stir in the olives.