Mediterranean Chicken Rice
72 / 100
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 Chicken breasts (skinned and cubed)
- 1 red pepper (deseeded and chopped)
- 1 yellow pepper (deseeded and chopped)
- 1 red chili pepper (deseeded if preferred and finely chopped)
- 1 ⅔ cups Risotto
- ⅜ cup dry white wine
- 4 cups chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 3 Tbsps butter
- 1 ¼ cups Parmesan (grated)
Heat the oil and butter in a large pan and add the onion and garlic. Cook until soft and translucent.
Add the chicken and peppers to the pan. Cook for 10 minutes or until softened. Add the chilli and stir through.
Add the rice and stir to coat in the butter. Pour in the wine and stir the rice while the wine is absorbed.
Once the wine has cooked in, reduce the heat a little and add the hot stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring fairly continuously. This will give the risotto its creamy texture. Keep stirring in the stock and tasting the rice. After about 15-20 minutes the rice should be soft but with a slight bite. If you’ve run out of stock before the rice is cooked, simply use boiling water.
Season and remove from the heat. Add the butter and Parmesan and leave to melt into the risotto. Serve immediately.