Meat Sauce with Pasta
ready in 1 hr 15 min.
- 3.333 cups minced mixed Meat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 carrot (finely diced)
- ⅔ cup Celeriac (finely diced)
- 1 onion (finely diced)
- 1 clove garlic cloves (finely diced)
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 cup strong Beef stock
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (from a tin)
- 18 ounces Spaghetti
- freshly grated Parmesan (to garnish)
Brown the minced meat in hot oil until it breaks into small pieces. Add the carrot, celeriac, onion and garlic and fry together for 2-3 minutes.
Add the tomato purée and pour in the meat stock. Season with salt, ground black pepper and a pinch of sugar, and stir in the tinned tomatoes.
Simmer, half-covered, for around 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add more stock if required.
Cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water until al dente.
Check the seasoning of the sauce and stir the drained pasta through. Serve sprinkled with parmesan.