Lamb and Vegetable Skewers
91 / 100
ready in 2 h. 20 min.
- 3.333 cups lean Leg of lamb (cut into cubes)
- 1 Red onion (cut into pieces)
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1 large zucchini (thickly sliced)
- 1 red Bell pepper (seeds removed cut into pieces)
- 1 yellow Bell pepper (seeds removed cut into pieces)
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground peppers
- 1 clove garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 Tbsp chopped rosemary
- To garnish
If using wooden skewers, soak them in cold water for 30 minutes before using, to avoid burning.
Put the lamb and vegetables into a bowl.
Whisk together the oil, salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary and pour over the meat and vegetables. Mix well to coat. Cover and leave to stand for 1-2 hours.
Heat the grill.
Thread alternating pieces of lamb, courgettes, onion, peppers, and tomatoes on wooden skewers. See note.
Place the skewers on the grill rack and grill about 15cm|6" from the heat for 5-7 minutes. Turn over the skewers and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, until the meat is cooked through.
Place on a serving plate and garnish with rosemary.