for 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 large, green pepper (chopped)
- 16 ounces ground lamb
- 2 cups canned chopped Tomatoes
- ½ cup canned Sweet corn (drained)
- 0.333 cup pitted black olives
- 1 cup low-sodium lamb stock
- 7 cups Sweet potato (peeled and diced)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley (chopped)
- freshly ground Black pepper
Heat the oil in a large casserole dish set over a medium heat until hot. Add the onion, pepper, and a pinch of salt, sweating for 5 minutes until softened.
Add the mince, brown well all over, and then cover with the tomatoes, sweetcorn, olives, and stock. Stir well and bring the liquid to a simmer.
Cover with a lid, reduce the heat slightly, and cook for 25 - 30 minutes until slightly thickened.
In the meantime, cook the sweet potato in a large saucepan of salted, boiling water for 18 - 22 minutes until very tender to the point of a knife.
Drain well and leave to steam off for a few minutes in the saucepan they were cooked in. Mash with the olive oil and seasoning.
Preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) | 350F | gas 4. Season the lamb mince to taste and then spoon into the base of a small baking dish.
Top with the sweet potato mash and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave the pie to stand briefly before serving with a garnish of parsley.