Indian-style Chicken Curry
ready in 1 hr 55 min.
- For the chicken
- 4 Chicken breasts (skinned and chopped)
- 3 tablespoons plain Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Tandoori paste
- For the sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion (peeled and finely sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely sliced)
- fresh ginger (finely sliced)
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 4 Cardamom (lightly crushed)
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cilantro
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- ⅜ cup chicken stock
- lemons (juiced)
Minted Chicken Tikka Stir fresh mint leaves through the tikka once cooked for a refreshing kick
Marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour in the yoghurt and tandoori paste.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion until golden. Add the garlic, ginger and spices and fry for 2-3 minutes.
Add the chicken, shaking off any excess marinade, and sauté over high heat until patchily golden, then add the tomatoes and stock and simmer for 20 minutes.
Once thickened, stir in the remaining marinade and heat through but do not allow to boil.
Tip the rice into a pan with the water and cook covered with a lid for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave covered for 5 minutes.
Season the tikka with lemon juice and salt and pepper and serve with rice.