Herb and Ham Muffins
- For the muffins
- 2 shallots
- 75 grams cooked ham (fat trimmed)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 150 grams Quark
- 60 milliliters milk
- 1 egg
- freshly ground peppers
- 2 tablespoons grated Emmentaler cheese
- 200 grams Whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
Peel the shallots and finely dice. Finely dice 50 grams (approximately 2 ounces) ham. Sauté the shallots and ham in oil then set aside.
Whisk the quark, milk, egg and cheese together then season with salt and pepper. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda, mix into the wet ingredients along with the shallots and ham until just combined.
Cut the remaining ham into strips.
Grease the muffin pan with butter. Fill with the batter, top with strips of ham and bake in a preheated oven (180°C) (approximately 350°F) for about 20-25 minutes, until golden brown. Let the muffins cool slightly, remove from the wells and let cool completely. Serve in paper liners sprinkled with thyme leaves.