Fusion Fried Rice
93 / 100
- ⅜ cup Nut oil
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger (minced)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 2 tsps ground Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Chili paste
- 1 Tbsp tomato puree
- 4 small Chicken breasts (skinned and diced evenly)
- 1 red pepper (de-seeded and finely sliced)
- 1 yellow pepper (de-seeded and finely sliced)
- 1 Orange pepper (de-seeded and finely sliced)
- 1 large carrot (peeled and julienned)
- 1 cup short-grain Rice (cooked as per package instructions)
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- light soy sauce (to taste)
- Basil (leaves julienned)
- parsley (to garnish)
Heat half the groundnut oil in a large wok over a high heat until hot. Stir-fry the shallot, ginger and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add the turmeric, cumin, chilli paste, tomato puree and a little salt, stirring well.
Add the chicken to the wok and cook over a slightly reduced heat for 5-6 minutes until almost cooked. Stir in the peppers and carrot and toss well to combine.
Stir in the cooked rice and then the sun-dried tomatoes and stir well to combine, continuing to cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Adjust the seasoning using soy sauce and pepper, then stir in the basil. Spoon onto serving plates and serve with a parsley leaf garnish.