Fish Ceviche with Beets
ready in 50 min.
- 16 ozs trout (skinned and pin-boned)
- 2 lemons (juiced)
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 cups cooked Beets (drained and diced)
- 0.333 cup baby Caper (drained)
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsps flat-leaf parsley (chopped)
- 2 Tbsps mint (chopped)
- ½ cup Arugula
- 2 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- freshly ground peppers
Thinly slice the trout fillet using a sharp chef's knife. Arrange the slices, overlapping slightly, on a serving plate. Dress with half the lemon juice and season with pepper and dried oregano. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
Mix together the beetroot, capers, shallot, rice wine vinegar, remaining lemon juice, chopped herbs, and seasoning in a large bowl. Cover and set to one side.
Once the trout has marinated for 30 minutes, remove it from the fridge and top with some of the beetroot salsa.
Garnish with rocket leaves and serve with the remaining salsa, a drizzle of olive oil, and sea salt on the side.