Feta and Olive Pasta
7,5 / 10
ready in 35 min.
The rich mix of peppers, garlic and onions add powerful vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, while feta adds protein.
Throw some shrimp or good-quality canned tuna into this pasta to add protein.
Author of this recipe:
- coarse salt (to taste)
- 12 ounces Linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 small Red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 red Bell pepper (rinsed; trimmed and sliced into strips)
- 1 green Bell pepper (rinsed; trimmed and sliced into strips)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 8 ounces canned Artichoke hearts (drained; rinsed; and quartered)
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata Olive
- 2 ripe tomatoes (rinsed; trimmed; sliced)
- ½ cup crumbled Feta
- ¼ cup fresh Basil (finally chopped)
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water. Return pasta to pot.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add onion, peppers and garlic, season with salt and pepper, cook, stirring occasionally until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Add wine and cook until evaporated, about 2 minutes.
Stir in artichokes and cook until starting to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add olives and half of the tomatoes; cook until tomatoes start to break down, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add pasta to skillet. Stir in remaining tomatoes and remaining oil. Thin with reserved pasta water if necessary to coat the linguine.
Divide among bowls. Sprinkle with feta cheese and chopped basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.