for 12 cupcakes
- 1 cup All purpose flour (heaped)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 7 ounces cooked, riced potatoes (a scant cup)
- 1 generous pinch Nutmeg
- 1 cup grated Emmentaler cheese
- 2 ½ teaspoons Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup vegetable oil (1 3/4 fl oz)
- 1.333 cups Buttermilk (10 fl oz)
- 12 cherry tomatoes
Preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) 350°F gas 4. Grease the holes of a muffin pan or line with paper cases.
Put the flour into a bowl and mix with the potatoes, seasonings, grated cheese, baking powder and baking soda.
Whisk the egg, add the vegetable oil and buttermilk and mix well. Then stir the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients, mixing just long enough to moisten the dry ingredients.
Divide the mixture between the holes of the prepared muffin pan and top each with a cherry tomato. Bake for 20-30 minutes.
Leave to rest in the pan for 5 minutes, then take out and serve warm.
Can be frozen.