86 / 100
ready in 1 hr 50 min.
- 2 Cucumber (halved lengthways, hollowed out)
- 1 clove garlic cloves
- 2 scallions (chopped)
- 3 sprigs Dill (leaves torn off)
- 2 green tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 slice Bread (broken into pieces)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 tsp hot Mustard
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp Cumin
- For the crisps
- 2 Eggplant (very finely sliced)
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Fleur de sel
Chop the cucumber flesh and then purée along with the garlic, spring onions, dill, tomatoes, bread, lemon juice, oil, mustard, salt, sugar and ground black pepper. If necessary add a little cold water to obtain the desired consistency. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
To make the aubergine crisps, heat the oil in a large pot to 170°C (340°F) and fry the aubergine slices. Remove from the oil and pat dry with kitchen paper.
Season the soup with cumin and transfer to glasses. Add a little ground black pepper and fleur de sel. Sprinkle the crisps with fleur de sel and serve with the soup.