Creamy Soy and Vegetable Bowl
84 / 100
- 1 ½ cups Long grain rice
- 2 ½ cups water
- 2 Tbsps sesame oil
- 21 ozs Tofu (diced)
- 2 red Bell pepper (seeds removed, cut into strips)
- 1 onion (finely sliced)
- ½ inch fresh ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 ½ Tbsps red Curry paste
- 6 Kaffir lime leaves (halved)
- 2 cups Coconut milk
- 1 ripe Mango (in bite-sized pieces)
- Lime juice
How healthy are the main ingredients?TofuCoconut milkLong grain ricesesame oilgarlic clovesalt
Put the rice in a pan with the water and salt and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until the rice is cooked and the water is absorbed.
Heat the oil in a wok and brown the tofu on all sides. Remove the tofu and set aside.
Add the peppers, onion, ginger and garlic to the wok and cook gently until softened. Stir in the curry paste, add the lime leaves and cook briefly.
Add the coconut milk and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
Stir in the tofu and mango and season to taste with lime juice. Serve with the cooked rice.