Creamy Lamb Curry
ready in 1 hr 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups lean lamb (shoulder, ready-to-cook, cut into strips)
- ¾ inch fresh ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1 red chile pepper (sliced)
- 2 garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 organic lemon (juiced, half zest grated)
- ¼ teaspoon Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 ⅔ cups lamb stock
- 1.333 cups Coconut milk (tinned)
- 1 cup frozen peas (defrosted)
- 1 bunch scallions (sliced)
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the meat on all sides on a high heat. Add the ginger, chilli, garlic, lemon zest, saffron and spices. Deglaze with the stock and stir in the coconut milk. Season with salt and ground black pepper and simmer on a medium heat for 40-45 min.
Add the peas and the spring onions and simmer for a further 10 min. Season with salt, ground black pepper and lemon juice and serve on preheated plates.