Cous Cous Salad
ready in 1 hr 25 min.
- 1 cup Couscous
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 small Cucumber (seeded and finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsps sliced scallions
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsps fresh mint (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- 2 Tbsps fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt (to taste)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring the couscous and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until all of the water has absorbed. Turn off the heat and let sit for about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool.
In a large mixing bowl, add the tomatoes, cucumber, green onion, parsley, mint, allspice, lemon juice and olive oil. Stir until well combined. Add in the cooled couscous and stir again until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper; cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.