Cordon Bleu with Peas
- 4 thin Veal cutlets (each about 180 grams)
- Salt freshly ground pepper
- ground paprika
- 4 slices plus 4 slices of Emmental cheese Boiled ham
- 2 tablespoons Pastry flour
- 1 egg
- vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Wooden skewer
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter (for cooking)
- 600 grams Frozen pea
- 1 tablespoon butter
- flat- leaf parsley
Flatten veal cutlets and season with paprika on both sides. Top each cutlet with 1 slice of cheese and ham. Fold cutlets and secure with wooden skewers.
Place flour into a shallow dish. Whisk an egg with 2 tablespoons of water in a second dish. Spread breadcrumbs on a third plate.
Coat culets with flour, dip into egg mixture and then roll in breadcrumbs, pressing firmly. Heat butter in a pan and cook cutlets for about 5 minutes per side or until golden brown.
Cook peas accoding to package instructions, drain and toss with butter, season with salt. Rinse and shake dry parsley, pluck off leaves and chop finely. Sprinkle peas with parsley.
Remove skewers from cordon bleu and and arrange them together with peas on plates. Season with salt and serve.