Coconut Milk Soup with Shrimp, Rice Noodles and Bean Sprouts
- 4 chile peppers (red, dried)
- 2 onions
- 2 tablespoons ginger (freshly grated)
- 1 sprig Lemongrass (finely chopped)
- 8 Candlenuts (Asian)
- 2 teaspoons Shrimp paste (tube)
- 1 generous pinch Saffron
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 750 milliliters fish stock
- 500 grams shrimp (frozen, ready to cook)
- 500 milliliters Coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 100 grams soybean sprout
- 500 grams Rice noodles (thin)
- 3 sprigs Korean mint
- 1 tablespoon Fish sauce
Soak the chile peppers in hot water. Peel and chop the onions and mix with the ginger, lemongrass, nuts, shrimp paste, saffron and the drained chile peppers. Add 2 tablespoons of oil and purée everything to a fine paste.
Peel and rinse the shrimp. Heat the spice paste with 1 tablespoon of oil, pour in the fish stock and coconut milk and boil for 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook for another minute.
Rinse and drain the bean sprouts and add to the soup.
Cook the pasta according to the package label. Mix into the soup and season with fish sauce.
Transfer the soup into 4-6 bowls and serve garnished with mint.