Chinese Noodles with Shrimp
- 200 grams Chinese Wheat noodle (Sichuan noodles from the supermarket)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 20 grams ginger
- 2 garlic
- 15 grams red Bean paste (Asian-supermarket)
- 200 milliliters Chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon light Chinese Rice vinegar (Asian-supermarket)
- 100 grams Snow peas
- 8 shrimp
- Rice wine (Asian-supermarket)
- soy sauce (Asian-supermarket)
- 6 Water chestnut (canned)
Peel ginger and garlic and finely chop. Drain water chestnuts. Cook chestnuts in boiling salted water for 2 minutes. Rinse in cold water and drain.
Heat oil in a wok or a pan and fry shrimp 1 minute and remove. Add sugar snap peas and water chestnuts to the hot oil. Mix bean paste, ginger and garlic and add to wok. Cook with spices until a spicy aroma emanates. Add 1 tablespoon rice wine and 1 teaspoon soy sauce. Add broth, sugar and 1 pinch of salt. Let boil briefly. Remove wok from heat and add shrimp. Stir shrimp into the sauce.
Cook noodles in boiling water about 2 minutes. Drain and add noodles to the wok. Mix noodles well with the sauce. To serve, place noodles in the bowls and season with a little soy sauce.