Chilled Spanish Bisque
8,5 / 10
ready in 1 hr 30 min.
- 4 slices white Bread (crusts removed)
- 4 Tbsps lukewarm water
- 2 Bell pepper (1 red, 1 yellow, seeds removed, roughly chopped, 1/4 finely)
- 1 Cucumber (peeled, seeds removed, roughly chopped, 1/4 finely)
- 6 tomatoes (peeled, quartered, seeds removed)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 cups Tomato juice
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 pinch sugar
- To garnish
Soften the bread in the lukewarm water. Squeeze the water out.
Mix the roughly chopped vegetables, the tomatoes, onion, garlic, tomato juice, bread, lemon juice, paprika and olive oil and purée finely. If the soup is too thick, add a little water.
Chill the soup before serving, preferably for at least 1 hour.
Season with sugar, salt and ground black pepper. Sprinkle with the finely chopped vegetables and serve, garnished with oregano.