- For the chicken
- 4 Chicken breasts (each 160 grams)
- 2 garlic
- 1 small, red Pepperoncini (seeded, finely chopped)
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- Cumin (1/4 teaspoon, crushed)
- cilantro (1/4 teaspoon, crushed)
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons Coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- freshly ground peppers
For the chicken, cut chicken fillets into thin, 2 cm (approximately 1 inch) wide strips.
Mix garlic, pepperoncinis, shallot, cumin, cilantro, soy sauce, coconut milk and vegetable oil in a bowl and season with black and white. Place chicken strips in the bowl, mic and let marinate a few hours, then remove, drain and stick on 8 wooden skewers in a wavy pattern. Cook under a preheated oven broiler, watching carefully for about 8 minutes, occasionally brush with marinade and turn over. (Or fry in hot oil in a large pan.)
Serve chicken skewers with peanut sauce (directions below).
For the peanut sauce, toast peanuts in a dry skillet, let cool, then finely crush in a mortar.
Add coconut milk, peanut butter and curry to a pot, mix and bring to a boil. Add crushed peanuts, lemon zest and lemon juice, stir and season with sugar and cream. Stir until the peanut sauce is creamy.