Chicken Breast with Baked Potatoes
ready in 50 min.
- 1 small yellow onion (peeled and halved)
- 1 carrot (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 1 rib Celery (washed; trimmed and cut into chunks)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (peeled and crushed)
- 1 small lemon (sliced)
- 2 tsps dried, mixed Fresh herbs (tarragon; oregano; basil; rosemary; thyme; etc. )
- 1 bay leaf
- Sea salt (to taste)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups low-sodium Chicken broth
- 4 boneless, skinless Chicken breasts (halves)
- 1 bag frozen Stir-fry vegetables
- 4 Baked potatoes
In a medium, heavy-bottomed pot, combine onion, carrots, celery, garlic, lemon, dried herbs, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Place chicken breasts in a single layer on top of vegetables. Cover vegetables and chicken with broth, adding water if needed. Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat and gently simmer for 10 minutes. Remove pot from heat source, and allow chicken to stand in hot water for 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from poaching liquid immediately.
Prepared vegetables according to package instructions, until tender crisp.
Divide chicken, vegetables and baked potatoes between plates. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.