Baked Chicken Breasts
- 2 Chicken breasts (each 300 grams or 10 ounces)
- freshly ground peppers
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 125 grams Gruyere (grated)
- 500 grams Bell pepper (mixed)
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped thyme
- 200 grams small shallots
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar
- 150 milliliters Chicken broth
Cut chicken breasts into 2 pieces. Season with salt and pepper and cook in a little oil. Remove. Rinse bell peppers, remove seeds and ribs and cut into small cubes.
Peel shallots and coarsely chop. Combine bell peppers and shallots in a greased baking dish with thyme, balsamic, sugar and broth and bake in a preheated oven at 200°C (approximately 400°F) for about 10 minutes.
Add chicken and sprinkle with cheese. Bake on top rack for about 10 minutes. Serve with vegetables.