Chicken and Green Bean Thai Curry
- 1 cup Green beans (topped and tailed)
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 scallions (sliced into rings)
- 2 Tbsps green Curry paste
- 2 tsps sugar
- 4 cups skinless, boneless Chicken breasts (cut into chunks)
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves (torn into pieces)
- 1 ⅔ cups Coconut milk
- 2 tsps gluten-free Thai fish paste
- 1 Tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- ½ Lime (juice)
- To serve
- boiled Rice
How healthy are the main ingredients?Chicken breastCoconut milkGreen beanssugarsaltLime
Cook the green beans in a pan of boiling salted water for 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the spring onions and cook briefly until just tender.
Add the green curry paste and sugar and cook over a fairly high heat for 1 minute, stirring. Reduce the heat slightly and stir in the chicken pieces and lime leaves, until coated in the paste.
Add the coconut milk and fish sauce and bring to a simmer. Cook gently for 25-30 minutes until thickened slightly. Stir in the green beans, coriander and lime juice.
Serve with boiled rice.