Buckwheat and Zucchini Falafel
ready in 4 h. 35 min.
- 1 ¼ cups Buckwheat flour (kasha)
- 1 ⅔ cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups canned chickpeas (garbanzos)
- 1 zucchini (finely chopped, excess moisture squeezed out in a cloth)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cilantro
- ½ teaspoon Chili powder
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- To garnish
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- To serve
- cooked Beets (chopped)
Heat a large frying-pan, add the buckwheat groats and dry fry until lightly toasted. Pour in the stock and simmer for 10 minutes, until thebuckwheat is cooked and all the liquid is absorbed. Transfer to a bowl and leave to cool.
Place the chickpeas in a food processor with the cooled buckwheat and the remaining burger ingredients except the oil. Blend to a coarse moist paste. Remove to a bowl, season to taste with salt and pepper and chill for at least 4 hours.
Shape the mixture into 4 patties.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the burgers for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
Sprinkle with grated cheese and serve with beetroot.