Baked Steaks with Chiles and Cheese
- 4 filets mignon (about 160 g)
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter
- 4 slices Sliced cheese
- 1 fresh red chile pepper (cored, cut into thin strips)
- 600 grams yellow onion (coarsely chopped)
- 4 garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (freshly chopped)
- juice of lemons
- freshly ground peppers
Cook onions, garlic cloves (pressed through a garlic press) and chiles in oil until translucent. Add 3 tablespoons water and simmer about 15 minutes. Stir in cilantro and puree with an immersion blender. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Rub steaks with pepper. Sear steaks in clarified butter, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking dish. Spoon sauce over steaks and top with cheese. Bake at 200°C (approximately 400°F) until cheese has melted. Serve with flatbread.