Asian-style Green Vegetable Salad
This light salad is packed with flavor from the dressing and full of nutrients from the variety of vegetables the recipe includes.
You can serve over some rice for a more filling meal.
- 4 ½ cups Asparagus (lower third peeled, woody ends cut off)
- 3 Tbsps soy sauce
- 3 Tbsps fresh Lime juice
- 2 Tbsps vegetable stock
- 3 Tbsps Peanut oil
- 1 ¼ inches fresh ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp toasted Sesame seeds
- 3 Persian Cucumber (about 8 oz., cut lengthways into thin slices)
- 1 ripe Mango (thinly sliced)
- 1 ripe Avocado (pitted, peeled and quartered)
Blanche the asparagus in boiling salt water for 4 min. Rinse in cold water to stop the cooking and drain.
Whisk together the soy sauce, lime juice, vegetable stock, and some ground black pepper. Stir in the oil and add the ginger and the sesame seeds.