Asian Shrimp Noodle Bowl with Mixed Cabbage
ready in 33 min.
This Asian-inspired dish might be higher in calories, but protein from the prawns and the fiberous red and chinese cabbage will keep you full for a long time.
If you don't have special Asian noodles in your pantry, feel free to use regular spaghetti.
Author of this recipe:
- 12 ozs asian Noodles (or spaghetti)
- 1 chili pepper (seeds removed, cut into thin rings)
- 6 Tbsps sesame oil
- 3 Tbsps soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Rice wine
- 1 tsp honey
- Oyster sauce
- Lime juice (a few splashes)
- 4 cups red Cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 3 cups chinese Cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 1 clove garlic cloves (crushed)
- 20 Jumbo Prawn (deveined)
- 1 handful cilantro (leaves picked)
Cook the noodles following the instructions on the packet. Drain, plunge briefly into cold water and drain again.
Mix the chilli with 3 tbsp sesame oil, the soy sauce, rice wine and honey. Season with oyster sauce, salt and lime juice.
Heat the remaining oil in a pan and fry the prawns with the garlic for 2 - 3 minutes, stirring. Season with salt.
Mix the noodles with the prawns, cabbage, coriander and dressing and serve on plates.