Wild Mushroom Soup with Puff Pastry Crust
- 4 plates Puff pastry dough (square, about 300 grams or 11 ounces, frozen)
- 2 egg yolks
- 400 grams fresh, mixed Wild mushroom
- 2 shallots
- 2 teaspoons Dried-porcini powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons clarified butter
- 400 milliliters Beef broth
- 150 grams Crème fraiche
- freshly ground peppers
- 2 tablespoons scallions
Trim the mushrooms and chop into smaller pieces as needed. Peel the shallots and finely dice.
Heat the clarified butter in a pot and cook the mushrooms, shallots and parsley for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the porcini mushroom powder and broth, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then stir in the creme fraiche and pour into oven-safe soup bowls.
Roll out the puff pastry on lightly floured surface and cut into 4 circles, slightly larger than the soup bowls. Whisk the egg yolks. Brush the edges of the bowls with the yolks and place a puff pastry circle on each. Press down, brush with yolk and bake in a preheated oven at 200°C (approximately 400°F) for about 15 minutes. Serve immediately.