Tomato and Asparagus Broth
8,5 / 10
ready in 45 min.
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 1 large onion (cut into thin wedges)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (finely grated)
- 1 carrot (cut into 1-2 cm dice)
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- ⅔ cup dry Red wine
- 1 ⅔ cups Vegetable juice (e. g. tomato, beetroot)
- 1 ⅔ cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups green Asparagus (trimmed)
- 5 tomatoes (diced)
- cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Sumac
Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onion, ginger and carrot. Stir in the tomato purée and fry together briefly. Deglaze with the wine then pour in the vegetable juice and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for around 5 minutes.
Peel the lower third of the asparagus if necessary and remove hard ends. Cut into 5 cm lengths. Add to the soup and cook for 5-7 minutes, adding the tomatoes for the last 2 minutes. Add more stock if needed.
Season to taste with salt, ground black pepper and sumac, and serve.