- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 carrot
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic
- 2 teaspoons mild Curry paste
- 1 teaspoon Tomato paste
- 1 packet Tofu (300 grams)
- 25 grams Whole wheat flour
- 25 grams chopped Nut (as desired)
- 1 tablespoon Pastry flour
- vegetable oil (to saute)
- 1 Ciabatta
- Tomato relish (finished product)
Peel the carrot, onion and garlic and cut everything into small cubes. Heat the oil in a saucepan and saute the carrot, onion and garlic until tender. Stir in the curry paste and tomato paste, mix to combine and remove from heat.
Mash the tofu with a potato masher and transfer to a bowl along with the vegetables. Stir in the wholemeal flour and the chopped nuts, season with salt and pepper and shape into 4 patties. Dredge in flour on both sides.
Heat the oil in a skillet and saute the tofu burgers until golden brown, 3-4 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
Serve in toasted ciabatta with lettuce, tomato relish and mayonnaise.