Thai Noodles with Chicken
ready in 50 min.
- 2 cups Nut oil
- 5 ozs fine Rice noodles
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- ¾ cup Coconut flakes
- 4 Chicken breasts (120 g each, chopped into small pieces)
- 2 red peppers (cut in strips or chunks)
- 2 green chili peppers (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Bamboo shoots (jar, in strips)
- 1 Leek (cut in rings)
- light soy sauce
- Chili sauce (sweet)
Heat the groundnut oil to approximately 170°C | 325F. Add the rice noodles a little at a time, carefully, to the hot groundnut oil and fry briefly until crispy. Remove the noodles with a slotted spoon and put on kitchen paper to drain. Retain 2-3 tbsp of the oil.
Mix the turmeric and the coconut together and mix through the chicken pieces. Brown in a hot wok briefly. Add the peppers, chilli, garlic, bamboo shoots and leek and stir-fry for around 5 minutes until cooked. Season to taste with soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce and stir in 2/3 of the noodles.
Divide between bowls and serve garnished with the remaining noodles.