Thai Melon Salad
Melons contain a lot of water - so especially on hot days the fruit can help you to absorb enough liquid.
If you add walnuts to your salad instead of peanuts, you will also be provided with healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
- 500 grams Watermelon (peeled, seedless)
- 1 Galia melon (300 g pulp)
- 1 red chile pepper
- 60 grams roasted Peanuts (without salt)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Thai Fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons fresh Lime juice
- Lime zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
Halve, peel, and dice the watermelon and galia melons. Mix both types of the melon together.
Rinse, trim, and halve the chilis. Remove the seeds and membranes, and julienne. Finely chop the peanuts, then add both to the mixed melon. Mix the sesame oil, honey, fish sauce, lime juice, and lime zest. Add to the melon, and mix to combine. Fold in the chopped parsley and cilantro and serve.