Thai Curried Chicken
9,5 / 10
1 hr 20 min.
- For the green curry paste
- 2 scallions (washed and trimmed)
- 2 red chile peppers (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 1 walnut-sized ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander (crushed)
- freshly ground peppers
- 1 stalk Lemongrass (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 cup Thai Basil
- 1 cup cilantro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Lime (zest and juice)
Place all ingredients for the green curry paste in a blender and process to a coarse paste.
Cut the chicken breasts into large pieces, mix well with about 2 tbsp of the curry paste and marinate for about 30 minutes.
Cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet.
Heat the peanut oil in a skillet and brown the meat on all sides for about 4 minutes.
Stir in the remaining curry paste, cook for 2 minutes then pour in the coconut milk.
Add the pistachios, the kaffir lime leaves, red chili peppers and cilantro leaves. Bring to a boil, then simmer gently for about 25 minutes. Season to taste with salt and serve with the rice.