Szechuan-style Noodle Plate
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ onion (peeled and finely sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (finely sliced)
- ½ inch fresh ginger (finely sliced)
- 1 red pepper (seeded and finely sliced)
- 1 yellow pepper (seeded and finely sliced)
- 1 cup Runner bean (cut into strips)
- 1 cup Tofu (cubed)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chili sauce
- 2 noodle nests
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Szechuan pepper (crushed)
Heat the oil in a wok until nearly smoking then stir fry the onion, ginger and garlic until golden.
Add the vegetables and stir fry until just tender, then add the tofu and heat through.
Meanwhile cook the noodles in boiling salted water according to packet instructions, then drain.
Add the sauces to the pan and bubble up, then add the noodles and sesame oil.
Serve topped with the crushed peppercorns.