Stuffed Kohlrabi Bulbs
ready in 1 hr 30 min.
- 4 large Kohlrabi (peeled)
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp sunflower oil
- ⅞ cup Wild rice
- 1.333 cups vegetable stock
- 2 carrots (peeled and grated)
- 1 cup Mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 Dried tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp fresh Tarragon (chopped)
- butter (for greasing the dish)
- ½ cup Parmesan (finely sliced)
Heat the oven to 180°C (160°C in a fan oven), 375°F, gas 5.
Cook the kohlrabies in salt water for approx. 30 minutes. Drain, leave to cool and then cut of the top to make a lid.
Scrap out the insides of the kohlrabies and dice the flesh.
Fry the garlic in hot oil and add the rice and half of the stock. Stir in the carrots, mushrooms and the kohlrabi flesh. Simmer to approx. 25 minutes; add more stock if necessary. Towards the end, add the tomatoes and tarragon and season with salt and ground black pepper.
Stuff the vegetable rice into the hollowed out kohlrabies and place them in a greased baking dish. Cook for 15 minutes and serve sprinkled with Parmesan.