Spicy Tomato Pasta
- 3 cups Penne
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 red chili pepper (de-seeded and finely diced)
- 1 chili pepper (halved with most of the seeds removed)
- 1 tsp parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 Plum tomato (de-seeded and diced)
- ¼ cup Parmesan (finely grated)
- 1 Tbsp Basil (leaves torn)
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until 'al dente'; usually 8-10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over a moderate heat and saute both chillies and the tomato for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the parsley and adjust the seasoning to taste.
Meanwhile, drain the pasta and reserve some of the cooking liquor. Toss immediately with the sauce, adding some of the reserved cooking liquor to loosen the sauce if necessary.
Spoon into serve bowls and garnish with the Parmesan and torn basil leaves.