Spicy Sweet Potato Casserole
Sweet potatoes are an incredibely nutritious root vegetable, packed with vitamin A and other powerful minerals such as fiber and manganese.
A dash of fresh parsley on top of this dish adds color and freshness, as well as vitamin K.
- 6 ½ cups Yam (cut into rough pieces)
- 2 medium Sweet potato (diced)
- 4 teaspoons Ghee (i.e. clarified butter)
- 1 medium onion (finely sliced)
- 2 garlic (halved)
- 1 walnut-sized ginger (grated)
- 2 Cardamom
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Coriander
- 1 tablespoon Vindaloo paste
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- ½ Cinnamon stick
- ⅞ cup Yogurt
- freshly ground peppers
Add the yam and sweet potatoes and cover with 5 ounces water.