Spicy Halibut with Vegetables
- For the halibut
- 4 Halibut fillet (each 180 grams)
- 1 pinch chili peppers
- 1 tablespoon Pastry flour
- Bakers twine
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- For the balsamic vanilla sauce
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (aged)
- ½ Vanilla bean (seeds)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- For the vegetables
- 1 handful Brussels sprouts (frozen)
- 100 grams Olives (black, pitted)
- 8 Cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful Pearl onion (peeled and trimmed)
- 300 grams small potatoes (cooked, optionally crushed)
- 100 milliliters Vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
For the halibut, season the fish on one side with a little salt, chile pepper and pepper and roll up firmly (enclosing the spices). Tie with baker's twine and dust with flour.
For the vegetables, heat the vegetable oil in a pan and sauté the vegetables. Add broth and cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
For the balsamic vanilla sauce, combine the vanilla seeds with balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir in the butter.
Fry the fish in hot oil until golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels and arrange with the vegetables on warmed plates. Drizzle the balsamic vanilla sauce over the fish. Drizzle some chili oil on the plates and garnish with the fried spaghetti and basil.